A company’s data is a very precious asset that is often overlooked in terms of adequate protection. Human error, server crash, virus, malicious actions, flood, fire, and theft can put your data at risk.
Hosted Cloud (or Remote Internet) Backup is a secure, simple and affordable alternative to a traditional tape or disc backup solutions. These backup solutions are effective, but need upfront investment, ongoing maintenance and internal staff to maintain and operate them. Remote Internet Backup is an automated, modern and reliable solution to this business-critical process.
Thousands of UK organisations of all sizes use off-site backup. All you need is an Internet connection to benefit from the multitude of cost and efficiency savings.
How it works
One of our technicians visits your site to install and configure a small software program onto your computer or server. This comprehensive software manages the connection to the Internet and the encryption/compression of your data. At a set time (usually overnight), your data is transferred to our data centre.
An initial copy of your data is taken – often on the same site visit. Subsequent automated backups are then ‘appended’ to this backup which minimises the data that has to transferred overnight. Depending on your broadband connection speed, we can configure the software to constantly backup you data for Continual Data Protection rather than once a night.
A Secure connection is established to the off-site data centre and data is encrypted to 128-bit level (military grade) before transmission. Data never travels un-encrypted, including during a restore process. Additional password protection ensures that only the authorised user has access to the data. These factors ensure that the service is often more secure than our client’s own office environment.
Advantages of this backup method
- Backups can be performed at any time with a single click or be set for automated daily backup
- Backups are fully managed and our ‘alert by exception’ reporting system ensures that if a problem occurs, it is dealt with quickly without user intervention.
- Security is provided through secure connection to the data centre, 128-bit encryption and account passwords.
- Compression and smart-configuration routines ensure regular backups are efficient and non-intrusive.
- Web browser option to restore data.
- Different file versions can be restored from different days.
- Data can be accessed via the software agent at any time via a web browser while away from the office.
The comprehensive algorithm ensures a complete copy of your data is available for rapid restore, should anything untoward happen.
Remote Internet Backup needs an Internet connection to work. This needs to be a broadband connection such as ADSL2+, Fibre, SDSL or Leased Line.
One of our technicians will fully evaluate your site and suitability for the Hosted Cloud Backup service. Broadband line upgrades are available, although we will endeavour to use your existing connection wherever possible.
Get in touch
Remote Internet Backup is a very cost effective method of ensuring you have an effective backup of your company’s data. Please call our Sales Team on (01782) 26 44 55 or e-mail ITexpert@UKBusiness.IT to discover how Remote Internet Backup can secure Your Data.